Sumeet Shangari LLB (Hons), PG Dip
Sumeet specialises in the acquisition, disposal and letting of commercial property, and has extensive experience having acted for a range of clients including owners, occupiers and investors. Sumeet also has acted for various banks and has experience in dealing with secured lending transactions involving property. Sumeet can also assist in dealing with the acquisition and disposal of residential property.
Examples of previous transactions, which Sumeet has been involved in-
- Acted for a US based company in Silicon Valley in connection with the letting and subletting of industrial space in the UK.
- Acted for a company in connection with the letting of a number of retail units in Tesco superstores across the country.
- Assisted in the acquisition of a high value multi-let industrial estate at London Luton Airport. Exchange took place within 7 days of receipt of draft paperwork.
- Assisted in the negotiations and subsequent grant of a licence agreement for the use of training facilities by a football club in league 2.
- Instructed by a lender to act in a re-finance involving three commercial properties with a combined value of excess of £3.5 million.
- Acted in the disposal of a portfolio of 56 properties comprising of a mix of commercial and residential units.
- Acted for an investment company in the acquisition of 20,000 square feet of industrial space for £2.27 million in Slough.
- Assisted in a £10 million re-finance whereby the lender took legal charge over 21 commercial properties owned by the borrower.
- Acted for a development company in the acquisition of a development site in Gerrards Cross, which exchanged within 24 hours of receipt of instructions.
- Acted for a powder coating manufacturer in the grant of a new lease for 18,500 square feet of industrial space from a pension scheme.
- Acted for a property developer in the grant of residential leases and sale of 14 luxury residential apartments.
- Acted in the £2.1 million re-finance of a residential development, which completed within 5 days of receipt of paperwork. The GDV of the development was in excess of £5million.
- Acted for a corporate event management and theming company in a £1.96 million refinance of an industrial unit in West London.
- Instructed by a lender in a £1.15 million refinance of a mixed use building in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea.
- Acted for a pension scheme in a £1.5 million refinance of a commercial unit in West London.
- Acted in the acquisition of a supermarket (with 21 employees) in Banbury with funding.
- Acted for an investor in the acquisition of a mixed use building with funding in Durham for £2 million, which comprised of 12 student apartments, and was subject to a lease to a national supermarket chain.
- Acted in the negotiation and completion of a S.106 agreement with the Local Authority for a development site in West London, which has a GDV of circa £14 million.
Sumeet has worked at Legal 500 practices, and most recently as a partner at Aston Bond in Slough, and previously at Charsley Harrison. Sumeet has also worked a short stint in the property and planning department of a Local Authority.
Sumeet was also noted in the Legal 500 directory in 2016.
Education and qualifications:
Postgraduate Diploma in Commercial Law (PG Dip) (distance learning), Northumbria University, Newcastle Upon Tyne.
Diploma in Land Registration Law & Practice (distance learning), College of Law & Land Registry. As a result of his success in the course, Sumeet appeared in LandNet 22 with the Land Registry Chief Land Registrar and Chief Executive and director of RICS.
LLB Law (Hons), Brunel University, London.
Sumeet has lived in and around the Slough area for the past 30 years. Sumeet has a number of local connections to the Slough area having acted for a number of businesses and individuals in transactional property work. Sumeet has also previously appeared on a number of occasions as a guest, on local radio station advising on property related issues.